As per planning, Promoting Gender Equality through Local Knowledge & People's Initiative project of USS organized 4 days in 2 batches varmi compost production, using and marketing training for Ganogabeshona group members on 20-21 August’16 and 22- 23 August’16 in Palashbari and Laxmichap union supported by diakonia Bangladesh. 40 women participated in two batches. The training was inaugurated by Project coordinator of (PGELKPI) USS Monazzini Khanam. These Training was facilitated by Md. Hamidul Islam, Coordinator - Agriculture, USS, Nilphamari. At the beginning of the training, all participants introduced themselves and everybody expressed their expectations. 10 Topics were discussed in the training. As like:
1) what is varmi compost and varmi culture?
2) Variety of varmi for varmi compost.
3) Importance of varmi compost,
4) Present condition of varmi compost and soil,
5) Necessity elements of botany in varmi compost,
6) Discussion of Income Generating Activity through varmi compost,
7) Marketing of varmi compost,
8) Usefulness of varmi compost,
9) Suitable place and rule production of varmi compost and
10) Field visit for real experience.
After training some participant said their opinion. Gita Rani said that, she will cultivate in organic vegetable through varmi compost production and she trying to find out a way to marketing her product through local participatory action research. Anowera begume said that, Women will involve in alternative income generating activities. And Mukta Rani said “Women will economically and socially empowered.” Alauddin Ali, ED, USS was present in the closing sessions.