USS is implementing Gender Equality through Peoples Initiative (GEPI) project supported by Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF) at Khokshabari, Palashbari & Gorgram union under Nilphamari sader upazila of Nilphamari district from January’2019 and the project will be continued up to December’2021. There are 48 women group, 24 girls & boys mix group and 24 men group. Total right holder 2400 among them women, girls, boys and men are 1200, 360, 600 & 240 respectively.
Goal of the project: To eliminate violence against women and girls through gender equality.
Objective of the project:
- Prevalence of violence against women and girls decreased in project areas.
- Men and boys are supportive towards women rights and gender equality.
- Men and boys are engaged in initiatives to prevent violence against women and girls.
- Ensured medical and legal services for women and girls victims or survivors.
- Enhanced opportunity for women’s involvement in income generation.
- Women, men, girls and boys group formation
- Sports for women
- Union social support committee, upazila support committee and SMC committee formation.
- Union social support committee, upazila support committee and SMC committee meeting.
- Leadership training for women
- Life skill and self defense training for girls
- Debate competition at secondary school and community level
- Legal aid support for victims
- Dialogue between service providers and community peoples
- Training on IGAs on vermi compost, organic vegetable production and poultry rearing.