Child Parliament Members Handed over Memorandum
Last Modified: 16 April 2016
Following a Child Parliament-2016 session dated on 13th April, 2016 at conference room DC office, Nilphamari, members of Child Parliament handed over a memorandum to Md. Zakir Hossain, District Commissioner, Nilphamari consisting 17 demands related to child marriage and misuse of modern technology. The demands are stated as below:
- List down the names of the girls who are at risk and red card to child marriage through upazila administrations.
- Establish child protection group in every school coordination with teachers, guardians and students.
- Ensure gender friendly environment, stop sexual harassment and empower the girls through digital education system through school management committee.
- Ensure quality education monitoring system through respective authority.
- Ensure technical education besides main stream education system.
- Formation and active watchdog at upazila level
- Ensure of activeness of upaliza child marriage protection group with coordination of guardians, civil society representatives and government concerned officials.
- Ensure village level sessions on reproductive adolescent’s girls’ coordination with parents.
- Proper documentation and handling child related issues through respective officer in-charge and dismiss those within very short time.
- Ensure shelter homes for the victims sexually/ physically by the initiatives of government.
- Formation of marriage register club and movement against child marriage
- Initiative to publish some successful case story regularly in the print and electronics media to encourage the girls.
- 100% birth registration through digitally and punishment for the persons of tempering marriage age.
- Ensure seating arrangement of Marriage register in the respective union parishad and make him accountable.
- Ensure child marriage and misuse of modern technology as subject in every school
- Initiatives to publish alarm notice of misusing of modern technology
- To ensure limitations for the multimedia operations/institutions.
The above demands are handed over to District Commissioner, Nilphamari during Child Parliament session to establish to rights of children of Nilphamari district.
Reported by: Pobon Malo, PC, USS